Thursday, September 29, 2011

Leaving

September 26th, 2011; 1:05pm

So this is it, the adventure begins.

I decided to write this because it seems like the easiest way to keep in touch with those who want to be kept in touch with. I'm quite sure that many people really aren't interested in this at all, but I figure, it will keep everyone informed, and also help me to maintain my sanity.

I'm sitting in a restaurant at the airport looking out at the Silicon Valley, the place that has always been home, even though I have spent very little time here as an adult.

The scenes have become very familiar in the last year, but I'm quite sure, when I return it, will all look very different; yet again. Sure I will miss it, as I will miss all of you, but I can honestly say that I don't belong here. I'm not quite sure where that place will be that I finally settle, but I know that there is an entire world to experience before that time comes.

I have chased this specific brand of adventure (Antarctica) for a long time now. For years I have been dreaming of experiencing life on the ice, and now it's in my fingertips. While I'm still not totally excited, I can feel the butterflies flutter around in my stomach, I can feel my brain reeling, and the anxiousness that accompanies travel is present. Excitement will kick in when it decides to, when that will be I can't tell you.

The connections I have made this past year I think are more significant then many others. Most of you I have known throughout my life, but we have learned who each other is in this past year. Some of us have grown closer while many of us discovered that we are no longer the same person we once were. To those, I can only say, that our friendship ran it's course and served it's purpose, none of us would be the same person without the influence we shared with each other. Either way, no matter which side of that you are on, I love you and will think of you all daily, as I have done my entire life. While I may be absent, you all exist in my thoughts and prayers, always.

Buddha says: The destination of life doesn't matter, that life is a journey, and without pain, how could we ever expect to grow? So, I suppose this is me, embracing the unknown changes of life, feeling the pain of your absence, and carrying it with me each day as I try to become a better person.

Each one of you are in my thoughts, my prayers, and in every beat of me. I will never forget you, you are the reason I am who I am. Hopefully a person that you can think of fondly and enjoy the moments with.

So, here I go, off on a new path, a great adventure, and the next chapter of my life. Hopefully it will entertain you as I am sure it will entertain me haha.

3 comments:

  1. Be safe on your Grand adventure.
    <3 u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that u r one of the most complex and interesting people of my life. I will be looking forward to following ur adventure, ur blog and to watch u change and grow. All while living a little bit vicariously through u. Lol. Have a great adventure and cheers to another life changing chapter. U will always be missed. Love us chicka ~~~~{~~@ char xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so happy that you are getting to live one of your dreams right now, jules. if we all could be so lucky.
    enjoy every second, soak it in, burn it into your memory and take lots of photos.
    you know that i think you are already a "better" person. the best, in fact.
    i love you so very much!

    ReplyDelete